Fantastic review at Naughty Book Kitties

This might be my favorite review of Conquering Venus so far because of the source. Brent is a 15-year-old blogger who loves literature and he's on a mission to make sure libraries have more books with gay characters for young adults. He's received a lot of ink lately, including articles in the New York Times, Huffington Post and gay websites like Queerty. On his blog, The Naughty Book Kitties, he reviews mostly young adult fiction, but he asked to see a copy of Venus and his review posted today.


The review is hilarious and it was a treat to hear what a teen thinks of the book, because I've always thought it would have resonance to younger guys who are questioning their sexuality. Here's one of my favorite lines from the review:


And ooooooh, girl. David, Martin’s sort-of lover. I wanna slap the fuck outta him! He claims to be straight. I’m sorry, boo boo, but when you suck a dick, you’re gay. And at the end, when he finally accepts the fact that 1) he loves Martin and 2) he’s gay, he does something so fucked up you wanna slap him again. 


Brent, I'm honored! Read the full review at this link.

Comments

Popular Posts