Remain in Light goes to the publisher

After nearly two years of work, Remain in Light is now in the hands of Vanilla Heart Publishing. I wrote the first few chapters back in 2002 when Conquering Venus was being marketed by my then-agent. We were certain Venus was going to be picked up then and my agent wanted the second book in the trilogy ready to go. Who knew it would be another seven years before Venus made it into print.

Those early chapters, which take place on the night of and immediately after the death of Princess Diana in Paris, are still pretty much as I wrote them, but the rest of the novel evolved and changed quite dramatically as I worked on it these past few years.

I had the incredible thrill of being able to write two of Remain in Light's most pivotal chapters while I was in the UK and Paris last summer. Being able to sit in Jardin des Plantes, walk along the Seine and return to rue Rampon energized the writing and made it, hopefully, more authentic.

The plan is still to have the ebook version available for the holidays and the print version by February 2012. I'll keep you posted. The book cover will be revealed this summer.

Comments

Popular Posts